Posted by Adam | Posted in Crime Fiction, Self-Publishing | Posted on 26-04-2013
If you’re currently on the fence as to whether or not you should self-publish your crime novel, read on. Self-publishing is an adaptable, creative option for authors who would love to see their work published, and it can be particularly beneficial for crime writers. Here are some of the best reasons to self-publish your crime fiction.
- E-books are overtaking print books, and crime works really well as an e-book. Crime is a genre that lends itself well to the growth in e-reading; crime novels often have short chapters that are ideal for reading on the go, and the accessibility of e-books makes this a great option for authors
- Your brand as an author is what matters. When they’re looking for books, readers tend not to make their choices based on the publisher. They make the based on the author. This means you don’t need to worry about having the backing of a big-name publisher behind you; you just need to worry about writing good crime novels that people want to read.
- Success story numbers are rising. More and more authors are doing well through self-publishing their crime novels, and more readers are starting to read them. It’s a good time to get in on the game.
- The tools are there to help you do it. Even if you’ve never thought about self-publishing before and are slightly daunted by all that it involves, the tools are there to help you. There are plenty of professionals and others you can ask for help or hire to undertake bits of the process for you, ensuring your crime novel is as professional as it can be before it hits the shelves.
- You can be as creative as you want to be. You don’t have to write your crime novels according to what you think traditional publishers are looking for. You can just write the crime novel you want to write, safe in the knowledge that you’ll be able to publish it at the end of the process.